Induction Program 2017
The purpose of orientation program is to be academically successful by providing information and
resources that will allow students to make informed and appropriate academic plans and healthy social
choices. Creating an enthusiastic environment that build sense of community among incoming class and
connects them to faculty and other students.
The goals and objectives of New Student Orientation are:
- To introduce students to college services which will support their educational and personal goals
(ex. library, information technology, academic and student services departments).
- To facilitate initial academic advisement, course selection, and registration.
- To familiarize students with the campus environment and physical facilities.
- To create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes, and stimulates an excitement for learning.
- To provide a welcoming atmosphere for students and families to meet faculty, staff, and
continuing students, as well as other new students.
- To provide the families of new students comprehensive information about the academic and student service resources and programs.
- To provide employment, leadership, and learning opportunities for continuing students as pack leaders, through selection, training, and supervision.